Food Officers within the Commercial Section of The Environmental Health Department of Strabane District Council carry out a number of functions in relation to food safety. These include…
- Inspecting food premises to ensure they comply with the relevant food legislation,
- Investigating complaints relating to food produced or sold in the District and complaints relating to food premises in the area.
- Routine food sampling to ensure the safety and quality of the food.
- Investigating cases of food poisoning or suspected food poisoning notified to the Council.
- Starting a Food Business requires every owner to register with the District Council. Simply fill in the Registration Form and post it to the Environmental Health Dept.
- Food Hygiene Rating Scheme will be set up to inform consumers of the hygiene of food premises during routine inspections. Download a leaflet to learn more about the scheme
- Safe Food Link safefood is a North-South body, responsible for the promotion of foodsafety on the island of Ireland. It was established in 1999 under the terms of the British-Irish Agreement Act 1999and the North-South Co-operation (Implementation Bodies) Northern Ireland Order 1999.